Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The week I turn 30

My wonderful husband and me on my birthday


My birthday is looming and I am very excited. People tell me I don't look thirty. For a while I enjoy being told this, and even feel flattered - until I realise they are telling me this because they think that 30 is old! It's not old! I am young. I am at a very good spot in my life, thank you very much!

Lots of people are coming to my party. There is a lot of excited chatter about what people are wearing. Amanda is coming over on Thursday to help me do some cooking (bless her). There will be lots of kids there too! We're having a few kids treats for their part of the party. They'll be watching some dvds too.

I have organised the 70s music but want to get more Bee Gees. I love the BGs! I have already got out my collection of wooden bowls and platters. I bought some indoor ferns too. I am looking through recipes from the 70s and find some of their ideas hysterical, and others are quite cool. I get the impression that elaborate, colourful dishes were all the rage. Dips were in, as were punch, quiche, fruit kebabs and anything on a skewer and poked into innocent fruit. Pizzas were popular too. I guess there's nothing too crazy on my party menu! I have my dress. I have Georgia's outfit too. Monte has organised his outfit but I am yet to work out what the baby wears. I'll do a web search on baby clothes from the 70s. No doubt I have something useful.

No comments: