Tuesday, July 10, 2007

He can't be one already!

...But he is!

Today our boy is one year old! He was born at 10:35am on July 10 2006. My labour was 2 hours and 5 minutes. I was induced at 38 weeks because of my antibodies. I am pretty clever, having a 4kg baby with no drugs, no stitches - after no fricking sleep! Below is a momento - taken just moments after the birth...

And here is Matthew, on the last day that he is 0 years old. Doesn't he look cheeky? He was investigating his presents, which were wrapped and sitting in the sitting room.
Here is Matty this morning, after opening his presents and playing with fire engine and 'Scoop,' while daddy puts the giraffe together.Here is Matty playing with 'Scoop.' He really likes pushing cars!
And here is the birthday boy in a moment of shock (?) as he eats some birthday cake. We sang 'Happy birthday' and blew the candle. I opened a bottle of champagne - blow it - my son will only turn one once!

Here is my beautiful (x) eyed boy. We're still not sure what colour those eyes are going to be, but does it matter? They're so gorgeous either way!

Here are proud parents, not quite believing how quickly time goes, and how rapidly a child grows.
And here is Nanny with Matty. Matty was feeling tired after his cake.


So, what are my reflections over the past year? I remember Matty being a very easy baby who grew quickly, but I loved every moment. He seems to become more and more interesting as he grows up. He is so close to walking, which is exciting, but I am not ready for him to be a toddler yet. I reflect that he and Georgia play beautifully, and he has just made the best addition to the family that we could hope, wish and pray for.



Happy Birthday Matthew

No comments: