Saturday, July 14, 2007

More celebrations (and why not?!)


The cheeky smile
This afternoon we had our family come over to celebrate Matthew's first Birthday. It was very lovely and relaxed, and he was showered with loving attention. I liked the set of "Birthday Boy" napkins, cups, plates and hats that I got for the day.
I thought that it was very special to be surrounded by family at his birthday party. We won't always be able to be around family at birthdays, so this was treasured. We had my nanny there, pretty in pink, and sweet and attentive. I love her so much.


Opening Uncle Fran's card
Matthew is wearing this cute outfit; I got a pink one for our neice, Angelica. Georgia is finding it interesting that Matthew gets presents. She took a while to believe that, yes, actually, Eeyore does belong to Matty! (Eeyore is the blue and black fuzzy toy in the foreground).
The Boat Cake - isn't it great!
This cake was quite easy. I made a large slab cake, then cut it into pieces and stacked them. I made a butter cream icing and iced it - it was easy - and then decorated it. I am stoked with it, and everybody loved it. It tasted great too. Can't beat chocolate! Matthew 'chose' the butch pink love-heart marshmallows. He couldn't stop looking at and grabbing the bag, so I bought them.
Singing Happy Birthday
Here we all are singing "Happy Birthday" to our Matthew, who couldn't stop grinning the whole time. I love this photo; we're all linked together. The candle was singing too.
Eating Birthday cake with an unusually serious Gramps
I think Matty and Gramps have a lovely bond. He is always cuddling with Gramps, who adores his grandson! I like the paradoxical seriousness on these blokes' faces.

Matthew and Mummy

More cuddles with Gramps
Mum and kids

I call this photo "slightly happy." I love having the little dudes cuddling into me. I can't explain to sceptics that it's not hard being a mum. It does make everything else in the world a bit more challenging, but if you are organised and don't mind the mess (eek) then it's just a joy and an adventure. I would roll around on the floor with them over a crisp suit and a sophisticated latte any day.

And that's enough birthdays for now. Over dinner, Monte and Georgie kindly worked out that there are 97 days until her birthday; then Monte asked Georgia what kind of party she will have. Apparently it will be a fairy party, although Monte suggested 'Dora the Explorer' might be a good idea.

But for now I am going to spend the next week relaxing, enjoying my holidays.

No comments: