Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The house...SOLD (at first open)


http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=104268208&f=0&p=10&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&c=11702328&s=sa&tm=1189569243

Ahhh. On November 25, 1999, Monte and I moved into our first house. Over the next few years, we transformed it and made it our own home. Our first child, Georgia, was brought home to the house. As a family of three, we left it in early 2006, when I was pregnant with Matthew. We tennanted it for nearly two years, before deciding that now is a great time to sell.

And, after the first open inspection, it has sold. Just one week ago, it was put on the internet. Today, the contracts are being signed and we are surprised and overjoyed with the price.

I don't want to let go of this house. It was my first home and we worked hard to make it the way we wanted it to be. It has many scars of our toil. I don't like to see it go, but the buyers are so pleased, and we are pleased with the price, so really it is the best thing.

So, now what? We are getting our current home ready for sale too. Monte is already renovating the bathroom and toilet. Next, we will landscape the gardens. We will also render the house. Our plan is to sell it at the end of the year so we can move on in January.

So, Rebecca, how do you feel right now?

I feel sick. My stomach is churning and I feel a bit like crying.

If you could describe this feeling in one word, what would it be?

Don't be ridiculous.

What do you really feel like doing right now?

Eating a lot of chocolate and cuddling my children on my bed in the sunshine.
What do you have to say to the buyers of your home?
Hope you are as happy there as we were. There is a lot of love in that house. And enjoy the garden that I made and that I covet.

What are you going to do with the money?

I plan to live mortgage free for the rest of my days, spending those days with my children, breeding dogs (and humans), writing and growing my own food.

No comments: