Monday, May 14, 2007

Mothers Day

One of Monte's gifts to me was this painting he did. It is of me, pregnant with Matthew.
I had a lovely day. Monte and the children showered me with presents. A painting, a magazine (craft), a magazine subscription (scrapbooking), a pen, a bookmark, a statue of mother and child. I felt so spoilt. And all I really wanted was to be with my children and my husband on the day...

The 'trad family' Georgia, Monte, Becky and Matty
My mother's day began with coffee and presents in bed. Then we went to church. Church was very special because nanna, mum, georgia and I went up to light the Christ candle and open the Bible together. I felt overcome with emotion with the four generations together. It felt so powerful - the important women in my life doing God's work. It was a moment I will never forget, from my nanna hobbling up to the alter to Georgia smiling widely as she blew out the match.
Four generations: Me, Nanny, Georgia and Mum

We went to visist Maxine and Gordon after lunch. We didn't have very long but we gave her some presents and she walked around her garden with Georgia, pointing out herbs, flowers and autumn leaves whilst Georgia listened with intrigue. Gordon cuddled Matthew; he certainly adores his grandson! He seemed to be in awe of how beautiful the kids are. We gave Maxine a framed picture of them both. They looked at the picture and exclaimed: "They're our grandchildren you know. How did we get such beautiful grandchildren?"

We then had lunch at my house. Mum, dad, Uncle Fran and Nanny came along. Mum and dad supplied the food. we ate roast lamb. I loved it. It has been a long time since I ate roast lamb and it is the only meat that I have missed. I never call myself a vegetarian because I eat fish. I don't think I can cut out meat completely; I've felt so sick and tired lately. Maybe sometimes I will eat meat. I will listen to my body anyway.


Matty and Georgia watching the rain

I am a mother because God chose me to be the mother of Georgia and Matthew. He created them, grew them inside me, enabled me to birth them, feed them and watch them grow. Children are a blessing. Each child is made and chosen by God. Our mothers are chosen for us by God. Mothers are given special gifts so they can be mothers. On Mothers Day this year, I felt these things strongly. Motherhood is the biggest thing I will ever do. I love my marriage, I love my career, and I love motherhood more than the world. I love my children more than life itself and I have God to thank for that, so thank you, God.

Me and Matthew (good photo, Georgia!!)

Georgia took the above photo. She has an interest in photography already! I love this photo. Matthew and I share a wonderful bond. I love the bond between mother and son. You cannot put it into words. I love him dearly. He is the son I have dreamed of all my life.

How blessed am I!?

No comments: