Sunday, April 01, 2007

Georgia

Georgia's smile lights up my day :D
So, with Matthew being so new and little, sometimes Georgia gets left out. Never by me, but by others, wanting to hear how the baby is going. So this post is dedicated to my special angel girl, my fairy girl, my "Bunny," Georgia.
About The-G
  • name: Georgia Rebecca May
  • favourite colour: pink
  • favourite toys: Bella, trainset, computer, dolls house, sandpit and cubby house.
  • favourite books: (depending on the day) Nemo, Bella's midsummer secret, Ferdinand, The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Bare Bear (my fav)
  • favourite films: Monsters Inc, Nemo, Fairies
  • favourite outfit: white fairy leotard, fairy dancing skirt, anything that is a dress (she always wants to wear a dress)
  • cute things she says: "Don't panic mummy," "I'll look after you honey," "I'll make you feel better mummy," "I love you more than anything in the world,"
  • Cute things she has said recently: "Give me a sister mummy," "When I am bigger I'll grow wings and we can fly up to the sky and touch the clouds," "Look, fairies [dust motes]"
  • Cute things she said in the past: "Oh I spilt my wee"
  • Things you may not know about Georgia: she has the same birth mark on her back as me - same place, shade and all. She does not like sleeping with her toys. She makes friends as easily as breathing and she gets along with everybody. Her arsenic hour is between 4-5pm. She eats anything but has recently decided that she doesn't like corn and beans. She was conceived on Valentine's Day, 2003. Her eyes are the same colour as my nanny, Audrey Kenny (nee Matthew) and her hair is the same colour as Monte's nan, Millicent May.
  • Weight: 19kg
  • Height: 107.5cm
  • Favourite pet: at present, it's d'art, with Benjamin close second.
  • draws: flowers, fairies, mummy and daddy
  • writes: in squiggles
  • knows and can write the letters: G, O, M and is learning more.
  • Cute habbit: dancing to any music wherever we are, looking after babies
  • Annoying habbit: can't think right now but I'm sure I can list a few. Maybe her loud whine when she wants me and I'm busy. Spitting out her food she doesn't like.
  • Things I don't find annoying: talking to me, cuddling and picking up her brother, thumb sucking etc
How Georgia began
Firstly, I desperately wanted to have a baby for two years before she was born. When I am clucky for a child, it hurts from the middle of my being to the ends of my hair. It burns in my blood and fires me up from the inside! I had to wait for things to happen though, like get permanency in my teaching job and get a bit older - and Monte had to be ready too.
We were blessed that she was conceived straight away, and apart from morning sickness the pregnancy was great and I felt marvellous. I had to have two amnios because I have a rare antibody. It was pretty scary seeing the needle go into my tummy where my baby was growing, but I was confident that God was protecting her. To this day she has a scar on her leg that has been there since birth; I think that it is from the first amnio, when she kicked the needle! I was very surprised when I found out we were having a girl. I always thought I'd have a boy first. I was so excited. Every woman wants a daughter, like every man wants a son. I knitted a tiny pink jumper. I keep it in my dresser.
Because of my antibodies, I was induced 3 weeks early. My labour was 3 hours and 20 minutes. I used gas for 10 minutes. I pushed twice. It hurt a lot!!! When she came out I held out my arms and gasped in awe and couldn't stop smiling. I felt euphoric (until the baby blues set in the next day!) I didn't need stitches. She was 8 pounds 1 ounce or 3.665 kg. She was red and she cried. Monte bathed her and he was nervous but she loved the bath. I often tell Georgia about the moment she was born. She loves the story!
Georgia was a very happy baby. She grew and developed very quickly, sitting at 5 1/2 months, crawling at 8 and walking at 11 months. She was talkative too. She was so confident; she went to other people so easily and was so easy a child that I we began to think that we are these natural, gifted, amazing parents! It's very healthy to affirm each other on what a good parent you are; it doesn't mean we're perfect!
We took GG to Bali in 2005, when she was 20 months old. She was very well behaved. It was hard eating out all the time because she didn't want to sit still. She loved travelling and making friends and she still talks about the crocodiles from Bali Zoo and the squirrels at the hotel.
The terrible twos weren't terrible. She has been pretty easy. If she had a tantrum it was rather quiet. These days it's different. I think 3 year olds are more demanding! She has whoppa tantrums between 4-6pm, but not too often. Chances are, you know our Georgia, and you know that she loves cuddles, stories and attention. Take the time to talk to her and you will learn a secret or two about happiness. If only adults could see things in that way.
Yes, maybe the dust motes are fairies after all.

No comments: