Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter 07


"Happy Easter! Have you tried these buns? They're delicious! I like chocolate too, but don't tell mum - I'm not supposed to eat that yet!"

"Is that an egg? Can I have an egg, please? I asked nicely so I can have an egg now."

For us, Easter means new life. We believe that Jesus rose from the grave.

We started our Easter with a sleep in. We woke up at 8:15am! Georgia found the eggs that the Easter bunny had left, then Monte put the buns in the oven and made some coffee. We ate breakfast out in the front yard as Georgia hunted for some Easter eggs! Then we raced to church, and managed to arrive on time (a record in our home). Church was fun. Rod, the minister, was happy to see that Matty crawled over to the front in time for the children's talk - as if he knew what was happening. I helped in Sunday School. I don't think I could teach young children at school, although I just loved it so much. I love being surrounded by lots of little ones. I feel like Ace Ventura, when he sings with all the animals all around him.

We had a picnic with Monte's family in the park near our house. It was a really lovely afternoon. I've put a range of pictures of our day, including a visit from Auntie Susie, one of my bestest friends ever.
Georgia starts the day with an Easter egg hunt. Nice new fence, daddy :)

Sister and brother share a blowy tooty party whistle thing
This is how Matty smiles at me. It melts me all over. Maxine with Georgia and Matthew on the egg hunt
"I love playing with Auntie Lori," says Georgia!

Auntie Marie gets some cuddle time with Matty

"Mummy's squeezing me again!"

Auntie Susie and Georgia happy to be cuddling, making a beaded necklace and reading stories together.

As I write this I can see a family photo that was taken at Easter last year. Georgia is smaller and younger, at just 2 1/2. My belly is big with child and I look tired. Monte is wearing his old sunnies - I am so glad he has new ones now. I think of all the things that have happened in the lst 12 months, and I wonder what will happen in the next 12. Matty will surely be walking and talking. Wow - time goes so quickly. I am really noticing how fast it is going with Matty. With Georgia, all the new milestones were so exciting, but with Matty it is all happening too quickly. It is still exciting; he is starting to wave, and form words, and cruise around on the furniture, but to me, his development is too rapid. I love it though. Oh, what's that on my shoulder? A bit of baby spew? I hope it hasn't been there for too long (bet it has!).

Happy Easter :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely photo of Matthew smiling for the camera, and also of him with Aumty Marie. How sweet!

Emily