Friday, August 10, 2007

Cherish

My loved ones, I can hold you in my arms.
I feel your body warm against my palms
I smooth my hand over your golden hair
and nuzzle against your cheek so very fair.
You grew inside me and came from me -
no gift can quite compete.
Each day as we are far apart
I know I grow more weak.
My babies when I hold you nothing matters
Except the love I feel inside my heart
I love it when you giggle and sing beside me
We are the many pieces of one part.
You cuddle me and I feel myself grow weak
Even though I'm meant to be so very strong
I want the world for you my darling treasures
And in my life you really do belong.
My babies I just look at you and smile-
Those labour pains were certainly worthwhile.
You bring a joy to me you may not know
I want to be beside you as you grow.

Becky Goulding August 07

No comments: