Saturday, June 02, 2007

Well...


I have just finished designing my 30th birthday party invitation. I am very happy with it and I feel slightly clever. Why did I choose the seventies as a theme? I'm not really sure, except I was born in that era, obviously. I think the 70s were cool. I just love the music! Star wars came out, Led Zep was huge. I think that's pretty cool. I love the fashions of the 70s. Pretty cool. Did they even use that word back then? Cool? Now I've just got to tackle the menu. Any ideas of seventies foods?

This morning I vacuumed the house. Big deal, you may exclaim. I think it is a big deal, as it does not get done that often. When I was pregnant with Matthew, feeling very sick, I decided that I wanted to move house. TIP: if you are pregnant, don't make big decisions. Although I love this house, I don't think we had to move. For one, this house is huge, and takes a long time to clean! Secondly, moving house in the throes of morning sickness just sucks! It took me a long time to settle into this place. Luckily, I am well settled now. Anyway, the point is that I vacuumed the house and got some time to think. And it was good exercise. There's nothing like a good sweat - although I can think of more fun ways of doing it. For example, running.

I can't remember now what I thought about whilst vacuuming. The odd incredulous shudder as I came across an old jatz under a chair comes to mind. I was thinking about moving to Tasmania, and how much I will love the life. Oh yes, I was thinking that the house we build will be smaller than this one. I'll need four or five bedrooms and a few offices. Maybe just one living area though. The kitchen will be wood. My style: country classic. I was kidding myself that I won't need to clean in Tasmania because life will be so wonderful. But that was just silly! Monte reminds me that life will not be a bed of roses over there, so to speak. I'll have to get up early to milk Molly or Daisy or whatever we call the goat and/or cow. I'm beginning to wash my dishes by hand after each meal because I don't necessarily want the negative environmental impact of a dishwasher.

Enough of that. Matthew took a step yesterday! However, he can't actually be bothered walking because he can crawl so quickly. He is always standing up though, and until he realises he's not holding on, he's quite happy about it. Georgia is dressing up as a fairy princess (called Sophie) every morning - tiara and all. I am grateful that I have such a girly little girl. She's into Barbies and all that too. It reminds me of what I was like once. It's fun.

So, what do I hope to do when I am 30? Don't ask me that. I have a huge list. I'm thinking of taking on a Master's in Education, but I'm not really sure how long I will be teaching for. I'd like to have a few more children but not before Matthew stops feeding! I don't think I'll ever get him to stop. He's practically lifting up my shirt these days. I'd really like to start a business that uses my craft skills. That way I can work in a light, airy studio, with bowls of beads, pots of paints, folds of fabrics, reels of ribbons and piles of paper surrounding me. Ah... and children playing perfectly peacefully whilst I work, looking out large windows, feeling the morning sun soak my skin.

I feel like writing poetry. It's a good time in my monthly cycle. Don't talk to me in two weeks though!

No comments: